Saturday, August 1, 2009

summer reading


I mentioned a while back that I had read My Sister's Keeper and loved it. I was excited for the movie version, but felt pretty certain that it wouldn't live up to the book. Then, as my friends saw it, I quickly found out that the ending of the movie is not the same as the end of the book. Seriously? Who does that? I never did see it in the theatre. Did you read the book and see the movie? What did you think?

I need to re-read The Time Traveler's Wife before I see the movie in the theatre in August. I  picked it up randomly at a used bookstore a few years ago and it immediately became one of my all-time favourites. I'm sure it'll be one of those books that I'll pick up again and again.


I, for one, can't wait to see this Julie & Julia — and I have to read the book first, naturally. 

What are you reading (and/or watching) this summer?

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Time Traveler's Wife so much I'm frightened to see the movie. I'm convinced it won't live up to my expectations. Plus, ERIC BANA as Henry?! Not what I was expecting at all. I'm reading the second Twilight book now and next up is The Birth House by Ami McKay, based on a reco from ma momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie and Julia is on my list as well. And I LOVE TTW. Sigh. I'm nervous for the movie but I think I will like it regardless.

    Just finished a travel/foodie book, "From Here You Can't See Paris" and really liked it. Boyfriend reading it now.

    ReplyDelete