Sunday, August 30, 2009

off and running


Lovely friend T came over to visit this week and while we chatted and caught up after six weeks apart, I puttered away on a little fall project.

I don't have the funds to buy all of the decorations I would like to have for the change in seasons, so I'm going to try to use crafty items that I already have to make some!

I used the left over fabric from the ottoman cover I made ...


I ironed in the edges and sewed straight hems.

Then I used some of this handy iron-on paper and applied it to some leftover chocolate brown fabric that I had ...


I cut out some leaf shapes and ironed them on.


Then I used some white embroidery thread to line a couple of the leaves.


So what do you think? It's a work in progress. Should I outline the rest of the leaves? Maybe add some more green or burnt orange leaves as well? Maybe a ruffle? Or do you like the minimal look as-is?

Are you working on any fall projects of your own?

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love it just the way it is, but adding other leaves in fall colours could also look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely no ruffle; the straight lines are perfect with the straight lines of your table and chairs. I'd go no further than more outlining, and maybe not even that. :)

    ReplyDelete