Tuesday, February 1, 2011

what a sin - day 1


I had a less-than-thrilling post in my back pocket for today, until Amy decided to post this little gem, which calls for seven whole days of bloggy fun. If nothing else, it'll be a fun way for you to get to know me better.

These posts follow the seven deadly sins (but in a not-so-meanacing way), and as such, the theme for Day 1 is Pride. For that, you're supposed to list seven things you like about yourself. Here goes nothing.

1) I'm creative, which isn't necessarily evident by the fact that I'm borrowing someone else's post theme here, but is true when it comes to writing, cooking, crafting and most fun projects.

2) I talk. A lot. And I'm often teased about it. And when Baby J is babbling on and on in gibberish, Husband blames it on me. That's OK. I've embraced it.

3) I'm quite domestic. In a good way. I love to cook, bake, sew, craft, and organize, and I do all of these things pretty well when I want to.

4) I like to think I'm a good gift giver. I really love to buy presents for people for people, which means I'm one of those annoying people that doesn't always follow the gift registry.

5) I'm a fairly fast reader. Put something in front of me that's worth reading, and I'll dive right in. Makes it easy to keep up with best sellers, while also chipping away at golden oldies. I usually have three or four books on the go at any given time.

6) I'm adaptable to change. Whether its re-organizing everything in our house (Husband loves when he can't find something because its "spot" has moved), or adjusting my skills to suit an ever-fluctuating job market, I can usually do what needs to be done or go with the flow.

7) I try hard to be a great wife, mother, daughter and friend. I have some pretty awesome people in my life who love me, so I always do my best to love them back.

To join in, here is the list of "sins" and what to post for each:

Day 1 - Pride. Seven great things about yourself.

Day 2 - Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.

Day 3 - Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.

Day 4 - Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.

Day 5 - Greed. Seven worldly material desires.

Day 6 - Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.

Day 7 - Lust. Seven love secrets.

Be sure to follow Amy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment