Wednesday, October 21, 2009

what do you think?


I have this cute wicker pillar-candle holder that I picked up at Jysk for less than $10 last year. The problem is, the inside of it has become stained with black soot from the burning candles and I can't seem to clean it.


It wasn't something I exactly invested in, so it wouldn't be the worst thing if I threw it away, but I'm thinking that's just too easy.


So I'm going to paint it and see if I can transform it into something I'll use. But what colour? I've narrowed it down to three — deep red, chocolate brown or sage green.

Readers, you choose!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, chocolate brown would hide any future soot really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it depends on where you're going to use it. But it looks like it's already trying to turn sage green on my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I like to make things difficult, I would go red on the inside (for a nice glow when lit) and chocolate brown on the outside for a nice contrast. Also, have you ever painted wicker with a brush? Can drive you insane. Spray paint might be the way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, the original colour is ivory. Strange that it looks green on your screen.

    ModernMommy, I was thinking about going the spray paint route, which would also open up the colour palate to include metallics! Maybe a subtle gold? And that opens up the whole idea of spray painting other wooden things I have tucked away .. like mirror frames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look out husband she's thinking about breaking out the spray paint !!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete