Friday, June 26, 2009

i love lamp


When I moved out on my own into my first one bedroom, the apartment had no overhead lights, and had little expendable income, so I picked up this set from Walmart for less than $50 if I remember correctly ...



Now we're in a two-bedroom place that has a few overhead lights, but not many. We still rely largely on lamps and these babies are starting to cramp my style. Again, I find myself with little lamp spending money, so it's time to get creative.










I'm thinking I could paint the bedroom lamp white and add a blue or brown shade. Anyone tried to re-wire a thrift lamp? Me + exposed wires = disaster, I expect. 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'd like to do some lamp-renovating as well -- maybe we can plan a night where we paint the bases and cover the shades with new fabric? That might be easier -- and safer -- than re-wiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covering shades in fabric is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some neat ideas for you..you could even work it into your recycling plan!

    http://webecoist.com/2009/03/08/reuse-recycled-lights-lamps-designs/

    ReplyDelete