Friday, May 15, 2009

let there be light

A lightbulb burnt out in our bedroom last night and I need to buy more to replace it. So, tell me, do you use the energy-efficient kind?
I'm in favour of helping the environment in any way possible, so I'll be making the switch, but what I'm really curious to know is, does it really save money on your power bill? Come on, inquiring minds want to know.


  1. We have a couple of those lightbulbs, and they annoy me because they are dim. Not sure if there's been a reduction in our power bill, though.

  2. I'm a little nervous to get them...they contain mercury so if they break, you have to clear the room for 15+minutes, not touch any of the glass with your skin, air out the area really well, etc...the mercury is a little sketchy to me!