Wednesday, May 27, 2009

foray into the writers workshop

Describe in what ways you expect too much from your significant other. Do they deserve an apology?

Well, I think I'm pretty fair most of the time, or I try to be, so I don't think Husband needs any apologies for anything I haven't already said I'm sorry for. That said, this question really made me think. We all expect a lot. A LOT. from our significant others, don't we? How can you determine if you're expecting too much? As long as it's a give and take scenario, what's so wrong with that?

Here are some things I have come to expect from Husband:
1) He makes the morning coffee. 24/7. 
2) He's the family dish washer.
3) He'll pretty much always give me a massage if I ask for one.
4) If I can't sleep, he'll do whatever he needs to do to make sure I fall asleep first.
5) He always picks me up on time, and if I'm not ready, he'll wait.
6) He takes care of the car. I can't remember the last time I pumped gas.
7) He takes out the garbage and recycling.

That's just a few things I've grown accustomed to expecting from Husband. There's plenty more where that came from. None of these things are too huge, though. But now that I think about it, isn't it the little things that matter most? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You're lucky. I'm the one who's expected to do all that and more. My husband only goes to work, runs his TKD studio and drinks... Once in awhile I'm lucky enough to have him watch the kids for me while I go to an appointment or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do all of those things, haha. Hopefully he appreciates me like you appreciate your SO.

    ReplyDelete