Thursday, March 19, 2009

where do you eat breakfast?


The answer to that question for us, I'm proud to say, is at the kitchen table. There was a time where we were more likely to curl up on the couch with a bowl of Rice Krispies, but now we're in a nice routine of getting up early enough to eat breakfast together like civilized adults, at the table.

This brings me to my latest dream home addition:


[photo from Apartment Therapy]

I would love to have space to have barstools at the kitchen counter — especially if they're bright red beauties like these. When I was a kid, my brother, S, and I would sit up there together every morning to eat breakfast. I love the idea of sitting there with husband and eventually our own kids being able to do that together, too.

2 comments:

  1. We have barstools at our kitchen counter, too, and I really like it! We stopped eating at our table a long time ago -- mainly because it has been taking over by my sewing machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed. Other than special occasions, we're still in the stand at the counter {or eat in front of our computer while working} mode. :( Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. It led me to your lovely blog. xo

    ReplyDelete