Thursday, March 12, 2009

it's craft day


It's that time of the week again when I get together with HH for a craftapalooza. Tonight, we're going to use our fabulous fabric store finds to whip up some diy decor.

Here's the game plan:

* Pillowcases: Not the kind you buy that just match your sheets. No one has several sets of sheets that match their bedroom decor. OK, some people might, but we definitely don't. The solution is to sew a few coordinating sets of pillowcases with some lovely ivory and silver fabrics. Lovely friend A has the same issue, so I'm doing a couple sets for her, too.

* Summer tote: I've realized that I am entirely too dependent on my huge winter purse. I have no self control. If it will fit in there, I will carry it. And in the end, my purse weighs 85 lbs. The solution is a light, summery tote in which to carry my wallet, sunglasses and lipgloss. And maybe a novel. Oh, and my cellphone. Nevermind, we'll deal with the contents later.

If I can accomplish all of these things tonight, I will be thrilled. Check back tomorrow for the results.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you about the HUGE PURSE -- mine is over-stuffed, and I hate it. I think one of my upcoming projects is going to be a summer purse with lots and lots of custom pockets and compartments. Then hopefully I can fill those and keep the middle relatively empty!

    ReplyDelete