Prompt o' the week:
List 5 things you like to do while camping or 5 places you'd like to go.
Well, isn't this just perfect — Husband and I are about to embark on our first camping weekend of the season with a few friends.
5 things I like to do:
* Build a campfire. Makes me feel like I'm really roughing it, even if I'm in the middle of a perfectly-groomed provincial park campground.
* Roast marshmallows. And making smores, of course.
* Running around in my bare feet. Who knows what kind of things I would catch if I ran around outside our apartment building with no shoes or socks.
* Spending time out of the city. It's so nice to be able to relax without traffic noise.
* Visit community markets. I love buying produce fresh from the garden.
5 places I'd like to go:
* Miscou Island in northern New Brunswick. I haven't been there since I was a kid. The beach was amazing.
* Banff National Park in Alberta.
* The Cabot Trail. And "camping" could mean staying in a lovely cottage. Right?
A photo from our honeymoon
* Alaska. My dear friend HH and her hubby just spent their first anniversary in the northern state and the photos are stunning.
* Lunenburg, N.S. is one of our favourite nearby spots. We'll visit there at least once this summer.
Click here for Maggie's camping advice at Magchunk.
For more Writer's Workshop entries, click here.