Thursday, February 19, 2009

total transformation


Operation kijiji chair is a success! 

Last night's trip to Fabricville was one of the most successful to date. The store closes at 6 p.m., so by the time we got there through rush-hour traffic, HH and I had about 15 minutes to divide and conquer. I found a great green and ivory striped knit in the sale section for $2.99/yard. I was going to use pre-cut square chair pads ($14.99) for the seat, but on our way out, HH spotted a roll of left-over cotton batten in a clearance bin for $4.50! And in the same bin, I found some amazing upholstering fabric to cover the throw pillows in the guest room/home office for $8. 

OK, this probably all doesn't mean a lot without a visual.

Behold, the before:



And the after:


Love. 

I had a couple chocolate brown throw pillows from an old bed set that were taking up space in the closet, so I used the upholstering fabric to cover them up.

Behold, the before:


And the after:


It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of ambition. In the end, I have a perfectly matching chair and two coordinating throw pillows for about $35. Can't beat that.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! That was the most productive night ever!!! Next project will be that cute handbag ...

    ReplyDelete