Friday, February 24, 2012

11

Amy at Rainy Saturday invited me to take part in a get-to-know-you meme, which I think is perfect fodder for a Friday, wouldn't you agree? Here's how it works:

The Rules:

  • Post these rules
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself
  • Answer the questions set for you in their post
  • Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
  • Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
  • No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

11 random facts about me: 

  1. I have a tendency to overbook myself. I'm quick to jump on any fun opportunity, but it rarely leaves me much downtime and also eliminates much room for spontaneity. 
  2. I hate Kraft Dinner. Absolutely detest. I am, however, a huge mac and cheese fan. But since KD is not really mac and cheese, I guess that is a moot point.
  3. I'm starting swimming lessons in April. And by that, I, of course, mean that I'll be joining the jellyfish class with Jacob. I hope he will have a life-long love of swimming like his Mama.
  4. I have no desire to be on video of any kind. Unless it's a home movie of me and my boys, count me out. When I was in journalism school, people constantly asked if I would pursue a career in television. Nope. I just feel awkward.
  5. I'm extremely cheap when it comes to getting my hair cut. I wait until I can't stand it any more, and then I must get a significant cut so I feel like I got my money's worth. I know I'm neurotic; it's a fact of my life.
  6. I'm a hopeless control freak. Today, however, I gave Husband a list of things to get at the grocery store instead of going myself. It might have been detailed, including brand and sale prices, but at least I am relinquishing my grasp at least a little. Baby steps.
  7. I can't have artificial sweetener of any kind. It gives me headaches/migraines like you wouldn't believe. That stuff is bad news.
  8. I rarely sleep in pyjamas. Shorts or yoga pants, Tshirts or sweaters usually do the trick. 
  9. I've never taken an all-inclusive, hot and sunny vacation. A fact that I hope to change sometime soon.
  10. I can't garden worth a damn. I don't think this is new to any of you. I actually fear for the yard of our little house. Who will take care of the precious living plants?
  11. I can't sleep if I have anything on my mind, and neither can Husband because I keep whispering "I can't sleeeeeep." So I keep a notepad on my night stand to help rid my brain of the things I'm making myself crazy to remember.

Amy's questions for me:
  1. What's your favourite body part and why? Arms, all the better to hug you with, my dear.
  2. Salty snacks or sweet treats? While I value a good cookie, I'm a salty girl. French fries are my drug of choice.
  3. What's your dream job? Honestly, I had the job at The Daily News, and now I am so unbelievably fortunate to be doing that job again at The Chronicle Herald. Editor by day, writer/blogger by night. Perfect.
  4. If you could spend the day hanging out with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and what would you do? Whoa, Amy, bringing out the big guns. It would have to be a writer ... Margaret Atwood, Sylvia Plath, Jane Austen ... it's so hard to choose. I would pick their brain about their writing process and their inspirations. 
  5. Would you rather live on the North Pole or the Equator? Definitely the Equator, says the girl who has had eeenough of winter.
  6. Favourite Beatle? I don't feel qualified to answer this question. I like them all, together, singing.
  7. What's "your" drink? Coffee.
  8. What do you order when you go to Starbucks (or Tim Horton's, or Dunkin' Donuts, or wherever, YOU MUST GO SOMEWHERE WITH HOT BEVERAGES COME ON) Grande non-fat latte at Starbucks for a treat. Under no circumstances do I drink Tim Horton's coffee. Can you even call that coffee?
  9. Would you rather go naked or wear fur? It depends, how cold is it outside?
  10. What's your biggest fear? Losing someone I love.
  11. Your favourite foreign accent? Australian. And it has nothing to do with how often I watch The Wiggles.
My questions:

  1. What was your favourite food as a child? 
  2. What's your favourite food now? 
  3. What is your favourite quote?
  4. If your life had a soundtrack, who would sing it?
  5. If you could be a fictional character, who would you choose?
  6. What makes you most nervous?
  7. What was your last big-ticket purchase?
  8. Which chore do you hate the most?
  9. You have one day of completely free time. What do you do?
  10. If you could receive any gift, what would it be?
  11. What happened in the last dream you remember?

I tag...*
Heather at Laptops to Lullabies
Tracy at The Vegan Butcher
Lyndsey at The Loftlands
Molly at the grownup diaries
Ashley at Our Little Apartment
Sheena at Butter vs. Burpees
Dusty at All Things G&D
Erin at Domestic Adventure
Molly at These Little Moments
Kim at NewlyWoodwards
Lauren at Life Uncluttered

*No pressure to participate, of course! And sorry if you've already been tagged!

4 comments:

  1. I laughed at your Tim's comment. I agree - it's barely coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your random facts! We have lots of things in common - a love of french fries and a tendency to overbook. Not to mention the control-thing. =)

    Thanks for linking up to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am also a recovering control freak and I have two black thumbs. I could probably kill a fake plant! I'll definitely participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love you mac and cheese comment - I don't like Kraft either but I looove mac and cheese in general. In fact, for your questions 1 and 2 would both be mac and cheese for me! I am a creature of habit :)

    ReplyDelete