Oh man, you guys, something has changed my life and I'm so excited to share.
I got a new household appliance on Friday. I hesitate to call it that though, because I'm pretty much ready to make it an honourary member of the family. It's a Black and Decker Steam Mop.
I have been in the market for a steam mop for a while, but there are so many to choose from. Just about every cleaning brand has their own version, and they're all quite similar. I knew for sure though that I wanted one that boasts the ability to kill 99% of germs on your floors. With a baby and a cat who like to
lick get up close and personal with the hardwood, the idea of cleaning without chemicals was pretty appealing.
I decided on the Black and Decker mop after reading a great review by Mag Ruffman in my newspaper's Homes section. I then read several blog posts recommending it, too. I was convinced, and I'm happy to say it's everything I hoped it would be.
- It heats up in seconds. The light on the front changes from red to blue when it's ready to go.
- It comes with three washable pads — no need to buy any expensive refills.
- It runs on water alone. No chemicals.
- The swivel head rotates so easily around edges and in corners.
- I could instantly see how much cleaner it makes the floor.
- I really can't think of anything. If I had to say something, I guess it's that I now have another appliance to store, but it's still more convenient and cleaner than a traditional mop and bucket.
Plus, listen to this:
Me: Oooo it's awesome! Husband, do you want to try it?
Husband: [thinks about having to do another chore] No ... knock yourself out.
Me: [happily steaming the floor] Ahh this is so satisfying, and easy! Look how clean the floor is!
[Five minutes later]
Husband: OK, can I try now?
Any appliance that can make Husband ask to do an extra chore is worth its weight in gold, wouldn't you agree?