A list of ten things you should never ask your spouse.
1) Wife to husband: Do I look fat? Really, it is completely pointless, because any man who values his sanity is always going to say, "No, of course not!" Even if you beg for the truth, he's still going to say no.
4) Husband to wife: Are you PMSing?
5) Husband to wife, while eating a lovingly prepared dinner: Did you follow a recipe?
6) Wife to Husband: What are you thinking? I ask Husband this question all the time. He hates it. He usually says, "nothing" when I'm really looking for something.
7) Any question that criticizes your
wife's spouse's driving.
8) Are you going to wear that?
9) Wife to Husband: Is your hair getting thinner?
10) Do you really know what you're doing? The true answer is usually no, but if when asked this question, the askee suddenly feels the insatiable need to prove the asker wrong. In my experience, this usually doesn't turn out well.
Thanks, as always, to Mama Kat for the writer's prompt.