Thursday, October 13, 2011

10 things


A list of ten things you should never ask your spouse.

1) Wife to husband: Do I look fat? Really, it is completely pointless, because any man who values his sanity is always going to say, "No, of course not!" Even if you beg for the truth, he's still going to say no.



4) Husband to wife: Are you PMSing?

5) Husband to wife, while eating a lovingly prepared dinner: Did you follow a recipe?

6) Wife to Husband: What are you thinking? I ask Husband this question all the time. He hates it. He usually says, "nothing" when I'm really looking for something.

7) Any question that criticizes your wife's spouse's driving.

8) Are you going to wear that?

9) Wife to Husband: Is your hair getting thinner?

10) Do you really know what you're doing? The true answer is usually no, but if when asked this question, the askee suddenly feels the insatiable need to prove the asker wrong. In my experience, this usually doesn't turn out well.

Thanks, as always, to Mama Kat for the writer's prompt.

3 comments:

  1. These were perfect! And I still can't believe that he asks me about PMSing. You are doomed if you do and doomed if you don't so DON'T ASK!!

    I did this one too. Visiting from Mama Kats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number ten! I ask my husband that all the time. He often does number seven, so it's only fair game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do number 1 ALL THE TIME. Or variations on it. Lately I've been asking about specific body parts ("does my _____ look bigger?") because I'm obviously fattening up :) Another one I ask and probably shouldn't: "Do you want me to read you the directions?" when he's putting something together, like a piece of furniture. Better to just let him go for it even if it takes three times as long to finish!

    ReplyDelete