Wednesday, August 18, 2010

37 weeks


It's been a month since my last pregnancy update. We're starting to really feel like we're in the home stretch. Baby B could actually arrive any day now and we are feeling very ready and excited to meet him.
How far along? 37 weeks.

How big is baby? At my doctor's appointment last week, the doctor told me that Baby B is cooking up perfectly. She said if he were born now, he'd likely be about 6 lbs. Based on the way he can simultaneously head-butt my bladder and kick me in the ribs, I'd say he's approximately two feet long.

Total weight gain:
I'm inching up slowly but surely, having gained 26 lbs so far. I'm pretty happy with this number, since 25-35 lbs. weight gain is average for my body type.

Maternity Clothes?
I'm starting to pack them up! Anything that's too warm to wear on these hot summer days has made its way into the box labeled "Things for the next pregnancy," along with the baby name books and some reference materials. I'm pretty pumped for my old clothes!

Stretch marks?
Agh. These little pests are starting to pop up. Not big, long lines, but little dot-type marks around the lower sides of my protruding belly. Here's hoping they stay under control for these last few weeks!

Sleep: I'm restless at night. It's not horrible, but it's not awesome either. I'm peeing about 4-5 times each night lately, which is disruptive, to say the least. I have snuck in a few daytime naps here and there lately, since everyone says I should be taking advantage of this time and getting as much sleep as I can. The thing is, my mind doesn't rest long before thinking of the next project that needs to be done before the baby arrives.

Movement: He continues to impress everyone around him with his never-ending movements. He made the doctor laugh out loud at our appointment last week as he contorted my belly with his stretching while she was poking him with the doppler.

Food cravings: Nothing new. My body seems to be craving is water, which has its pros and cons. Pro: I'll be well hydrated for the birth. Con: I pee approximately 2,781 times each day. I have been enjoying a few end-of-pregnancy treats lately, like anything smothered in ketchup (read: fries), and homemade bran muffins with lots-o butter.

What I miss: My active lifestyle. Because of an old injury that has flared up due to pregnancy, I've had to put up my yoga mat and sneakers for these past few weeks. Swimming a lot over our NB vacation was a great treat. I can't wait to take Baby B out in his stroller of long walks and attend Mommy & Baby yoga!

What I am looking forward to: Meeting our little man, of course! And everything that entails, including shelving maternity clothes, bidding adieu to fierce heartburn, hopefully a lot less sweating, and sleeping on my stomach!

Milestones:
I got a baby book this week and printed a few initial photos of the pregnancy. The book is actually a scrapbook with 20 pre-made pages to get me started. Then I can add to it at will (i.e., after the baby starts sleeping through the night and I have regained my energy for all things crafty).

No comments:

Post a Comment