Maybe I need my head examined, but I'm actually looking forward to September. Fall is my absolute favourite season. I love picking up new jeans and sweaters — which will be especially fun this summer when I can start to shop in the regular stores again!
We've got a few weeks left before Baby B arrives and I'm going to try to accomplish these and many other summer projects in that short time. Here's an update.
5. Go to a drive-in movie. I've never been to one before and Husband has been wanting to take me for years. Not yet ... but we're holding out hope for one of the next couple weekends! Seems like every time we have a chance to go, we're not interested in the movies that are showing. This coming weekend — The Good Guys and Salt are playing. What do you think? Are these flicks worth the hour+ drive to the drive-in? I'm crossing my fingers that Dinner for Schmucks might be playing next weekend.
29. Go to the beach as much as possible. Eeekk! We haven't done this once! We're hoping to go sometime this week though.
30. Read at least one of my lovely classic novels. I blame library books. The constant flow of borrowed books have left the books I own on the shelf. Luckily, they aren't going anywhere.
Not bad. Definitely could've been worse. If these things aren't complete yet, it's unlikely that they'll be finished before the official end of summer because a number of pre-baby assignments have landed on the list, including:
- slipcover alternations for the nursery chair
- put the finishing touches on our birth plan
- last minute cleaning and organizing
- freeze a few more post-baby meals
- burn CDs for little babe
How's your summer going? Getting lots accomplished amid the sunshine and vacay?