Now that June has
come to a close disappeared in a matter of seconds, I thought I'd check in to see how my summer 30 list is going ...
2. Spend many early Saturdays at the Farmers' Market with Husband. We'd like to do this more, but our busy out-of-town-every-weekend schedule has made it pretty tough. I also really want to make it to a u-pick strawberry field really soon to pick enough berries to make homemade jam this year.
5. Go to a drive-in movie. I've never been to one before and Husband has been wanting to take me for years.
9. Have a girls night at our place with lots of yummy food and lovely company.
10. Solve my design dilemmas. Another work in progress.
11. Keep playing "Name That Baby" until we finally have a winner.
14. Make a few DIY accents for Baby Boy's room.
15. Start stocking our deep freezer with meals and snacks for our post-birth days. Send along any favourite casserole recipes, please!
16. Maintain the little garden I have planted on our front patio. Better wish me luck on this one — it's my first real attempt at outdoor gardening and I'm known to be a bit of a brown thumb. This is going surprisingly well, but I don't dare to cross it off just yet. The season is young, but so far, so good.
18. Take many leisurely walks around our new neighbourhood with Husband.
19. Take more pictures. I've let my scrapbooking habit fall by the wayside, but there's no reason why I can't do a better job chronicling all of life's fun moments, even if the photos just end up in a plain album.
20. Take videos! Husband and I recently treated ourselves (thank you, tax refund!) to an HD Flip video camera. It will be perfect to take quick shorts of the babe to send to friends and family.
21. Finish Baby Boy's nursery.
22. Celebrate the wedding of friends R & J in the Valley. This weekend!
23. Go to many more prenatal yoga classes. I hope I'm still able to attend when I'm 37 or 38 weeks pregnant like some of the lovelies in my class!
25. Celebrate the wedding of friends S & N in CB.
26. Make at least a dozen new recipes.
27. Celebrate Baby B's pending arrival with two baby showers, one in CB and one in NB.
28. Spend a week at home in NB visiting family, and lounging by the lake and pool.
29. Go to the beach as much as possible.
30. Read at least one of my lovely classic novels.
Still lots to do. Do you have fun plans for the summer?