Sunday, April 18, 2010

let there be cookies


I'm having a Monica Gellar moment here.



I love making cookies and trying new recipes. I usually alternate between my Better Homes & Gardens recipe and the Nestle Tollhouse recipe. I'm not terribly exact about my measuring, so the recipes often turn out a little different each time.

But now, with Baby B on the way, it's time for me to get my chocolate chip cookie making down to a science, don't you think?


Starting this Wednesday, April 21, I'll be posting a recipe a week for as many days as it takes to select a winner.

If you have recipe suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Comment below with your favourite tried-and-true chocolate chip cookie recipes and I'll add them to my quest.

5 comments:

  1. What a good idea! You'll be "the mom who makes the world's best chocolate-chip cookies" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though I'm going to be eating a lot of chocolate chip cookies! No complaints here :)

    TD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I was on a search for the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe and I think I finally found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will send you a vegan recipe I use that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are oatmeal raisin but you can just switch raisins to choc chips if you like. I highly recommended the peanut butter substitution.

    Ingredients:
    • 3/4 cup vegan margarine (Jayna uses half Peanut butter half margerine)
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 1/2 cup soy milk
    • 1 cup flour
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp cloves
    • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
    • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
    • 1 cup raisins
    • 3 cups rolled or quick cooking oatmeal
    Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350°F.
    Beat together the sugar, brown sugar, vegan margarine and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Add the soy milk and mix until combined.
    Add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices, and stir until well mixed. Add the remaining ingredients. Batter will be very thick.
    Drop by 3 inch balls onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until done. Cookies will still be slightly soft and chewy. Yum! Enjoy your vegan oatmeal raisin cookies!

    ReplyDelete