Tuesday, October 12, 2010

try it tuesday


It's been a while since I experimented with a new recipe. I copied down my mom-in-law's recipe for zucchini walnut bread a long time ago, but never got around to making it ... until this mammoth veggie found its way into my kitchen.


Sister-in-law L sent us some garden fresh veggies, including a few zucchinis big enough to feed a small army. So I tried out this straight-forward loaf recipe.

Zucchini Walnut Bread

Combine:
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. salt

Fold in:
3 1/4 cups flour
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)


Bake in greased loaf pan at 350F for 45 to 60 minutes.

This recipe makes a really big loaf. If you're using small loaf pans, you might want to split this into two or halve the recipe. I didn't get around to taking a photo of the final result because it was just too yummy! Try it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I like zucchini...cooked, raw and especially in baked goods.

    ReplyDelete